How they drain you?
- they complain not stop about everything around them
- make mountains out of molehills
- complain about their job, their spouse, their kids or anyone else
- don't take no for an answer
- they nag at you till you feel yourself becoming as negative as them
- oh and remember its never their fault. No ownership in problems. Pass the buck and pass the blame
- they are never happy with the weather, the time of day, the season, the day of the week, you, what your wearing ect. ;)
- any suggestion of positivity and they just get mad
- some lie
- gossip non stop
- drama queen (or king what the heck equal opportunities)
- everyone is out to get them...always
They need our positive energy, but in the meantime they literally suck us dry. We end up feeling miserable or tired, run down and worse yet, negative!!! I know for myself that after dealing with a few of these people (or even one depending on the day) I just feel exhausted. All I want to do is curl up on the coach and have the world leave me alone. Sad isn't it?
We've all been there. We will more than likely be there again.
What can you do?
Avoid them. Sometimes easier said then done. If you are able to cut them loose, do so. Why spend time with people that make you feel horrible. But in many cases, we are not able do that, so we have to deal with them. How?
- limit your time and interaction with them
- tell them it is a pleasant day and I'm sorry you feel that way and walk away
- have a buffer, someone else with you so you don't get the full hit
- avoid as much as you can
- pump yourself up in a positive way before you interact
- smile .... it normally gets them every time.
- schedule some me time to rejuvenate after dealing with them if you have to
- do not give away your positive energy, tell them to stop and say something positive right this second ;)
- ask them if what they are complaining about is a real problem or just a gripe!
- do not accept responsibility for their feelings
Feel free to add to those lists in the comment section.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday and has no Energy Vampires in their life today!