Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Preparation

Last week was a little hectic and boy did I feel it. I was tired every day and every night I fell into bed exhausted.

This week I decided to prepare a little better in hopes that this week won't be quite so taxing.

I made a menu plan and grocery list on Saturday and then went shopping today and spent two hours cooking to prepare tonights meal and two meals for this week and two meals for the freezer.
I made Hamburgers, fries and veggies
I made two sets of meatballs (to go with spagehtti)
I made two Lasagnas

So here is how my week should go:

Mondays - pick up the girl from the farm Family dinner night at the In-laws (god bless nonna)
Tuesday - Day off for appointments - Ham and Mashed Potatoes and veggies
Wednesday - Crazy Activity Night - Spagehtti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread and Spinach salad
Thursday - Frittata with leftovers from above
Friday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread and spinach salad
Saturday - We have a party to go to so we will order Pizza in for the kids and the babysitter

Saturday start planning all over again. whew!

Although I have been doing better at making a list and sticking to it I have been spending over $200.00 a week for the past three weeks. Now this is not too bad considering I have started buying diapers again, wanting to stock up a bit before the baby comes, however for our famly of 4.5 I really feel I should be able to do better.
I had a really small grocery list this week but somehow still managed to spend $222.00.

Goal for next week:
Menu plan
reduce grocery bill (I'm not even going to put a $$ amount to it just less than this week)
Meal Preparation on Sunday again

I'll let you know how I make out.

Shann
:)

1 comment:

  1. There are 5 of us and I spend $150/week on groceries and yes we eat healthy food! The one thing that really helps me is we use cash to pay for the groceries....really helped me to stretch my dollar. I add up in my head as I go around the store. I buy alot less prepared food than I used to as it is cheaper to make things from scratch.

    steph :-)

    ReplyDelete