I can't believe that January is almost over, that's just crazy, but I suppose that is what happens when all you can do is lay low and hope the illness goes away soon.
I feel like my body and mind has been on "life support only" for the past 30 days, just doing what I can do to maintain daily necessary functions. Lunches, Laundry, basic cleaning, minimal cooking.
I'm going to give it a few more days of laying low, but then I am itching to get going!
For anyone interested our canine companion is still with us, he is slowing down some days, however there has been no change to the size of his tumor or his personality so we are taking things day by day with him. One day he will sleep a lot and the next day he will jump around the house like a puppy. He can't jump into the car or on the bed anymore and needs help for that. When he gets up from a long nap he weebles and wobbles a little to get his "land legs" again. Having been through this before, I realize these are signs of what is to come. But for now his eyes are still sparkling and his temperment is good so we are greatful for each and every day he is still with us.
I'm starting to get itchy (not in a bad way).
- I feel the need to stretch my wings and my creativity this year!
- I have to prepare for this new family member.
- I have boxes of clothes to sort.
- I have a child to move into a new room.
- I have supplies like diapers and wipes to buy now while I can afford them vs. after when I am poor and on EI. I use cloth diapers and cloths for wiping when I am at home, but for night time and travel I use disposable. I figure half way is better than nothing at all.
- I have almost everything I need as far as Equipment goes a carseat, a bouncy chair, a crib, a highchair. But we are going to need a new stroller as our last one was old to begin with and we got rid of it when the girl was done with it.
- I have a batch of birthday cards to make for April, May, June and July because I'm sure the last thing I will want to do in the few weeks before and after the baby is make cards.
A few more days of laying low and healing and then I need to "kick-it" if I am going to be ready for the rest of 2010.
Anyone have any suggestions for baby products that I need to know about. It's been 4 years you know I am kinda out of the loop!