Monday, May 17, 2010

Simplicity

Simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication.

I bought a mug with that on and on the other side it says "life is good". That is my fav saying!!! I bought the mug because after my weekend in NYC After pondering about that statement of "simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication" I realized it can take on more then the material side of things.

There is no doubt in my mind that a simple life is a good life. Yet do we live simply? No not really. Most of us strive for a balanced life and most days we succeed, but we wouldn't always say it is simplified!We all have responsibilities and obligations, but sometimes we just take on too much. Always saying "yes" every time we are asked to do something or go some where. It doesn't matter if it is just one more sport for your child to play this season (yes I am guilty of that) or saying yes to another council/fun day at your child's school or your church, work, whatever. I would consider myself a juggler of many activities between myself, husband and two children, but in recent years I figured out the key of this "simplicity/balancing act"..... others can live with out my help. It is okay to say no and enjoy a simpler life. We don't have to be involved with everything.


Simplifying can also be done in our every day life. We don't need to buy everything our kids or ourselves want. We don't have to "jonsie" with the neighbours or friend/family. If we can, work from home, certainly can help simplify things! Of course this is not an option for everyone, but if you can do it! Go for it!

What are some ways you can live a simpler life style?


Tomorrow I will back with some other ideas to simplify your life!

Simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment