Monday, April 12, 2010

Opinions

Why do we let other people's opinions of us effect us so much?

I was faced with this question just the other night from some people I barely know. I know them through the great wide web and I tweeted (as in twitter) something on my personal page. I actually uploaded a picture and they had a RUDE comment that they sent and you know I let it get to me. Then one of them went on to attack me via tweeting on his own page that everyone seems to be a "self-hep" guru these days.

It hurt.

Crazy.

1) I know better then to let that get to me

2) I don't know these people in REAL LIFE

3) Why associate with people who obviously do not respect me?

4) They are really energy vampires, sucking me dry... move on.


After talking to a few friends about it I decided to shift my focus and read. It always helps shift my attitude, because it is all attitude!!! BUT it is hard when you feel someone is taking a personal punch at you. Learning to let go, walk away is really what we need to do.

That said yeah I'm still a little bit annoyed, but for the most part I am over it. These things happen, but when it did this time it really made me sit back and think.

Why do we get worked up when people do this? What is the right way to handle it? I decided that walking away, not commenting back and just "un-following them" on the twitter was enough. I do not need people like that in my life. I have fantastic friends both in real life and on the web. Including the readers of this blog!

Happy Monday and remember when someone has an opinion about you that you do not care for, just ignore them because I guarantee they are the minority!



No comments:

Post a Comment