Friday, April 23, 2010

easy rice and chicken

Back to food!!! This recipe is so simple and I made extra rice use another day too!

Brown rice ( I did up enough for four servings to have lots of extra)
chicken strips - cooked
apple
few almonds
table spoon of shredded cheese ( just enough to taste with the apples)
chopped chives (or green onions)
balsamic vinegar (couple of splashes)


I cooked the rice earlier in the day when I had time so at supper time it was just put together and enjoy. There is no reason you couldn't cook the rice a day or two ahead and store in the fridge!

Cook the chicken. (I used quick strips from our local polutry place, so they have been pre cooked, just had to heat in the microwave)
Cut apple into thin slices

Combine all the ingredients!

(I had mine with cold rice)

Enjoy!

Quick, simple and tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment