Tuesday, April 6, 2010

dentist

I have this thing about the dentist. I dislike going there in a big way. However, today I decided to go with a different attitude and you know what? It wasn't that bad.

I've had a love/hate relationship with the dentist for years. You name it, I've had it done to my teeth. I remember getting braces in grade 4 and the rest of my friends would get them on and off all through my senior public days and I had them on till the END of grade 8. Then entered the world of retainers, both types, removable and permanent. FINALLY in 2007 I got the last retainer removed. Why? Because I switched to a new dentist! :)

Today when I went in I decided to do some affirmation work on the way in. I kept repeating to myself.

I am calm and this is easy.
I have perfect teeth.

You know what??? It wasn't that bad. She told me I had perfect teeth. Which I giggled at because I really don't floss and I could brush longer then I do!

Repeating to myself that it was okay and I am calm was the best thing I could do! Made the hour fly by and everything was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment