Saturday, April 3, 2010

Affirmations

Those of you that know me fairly well know that I'm a big fan of affirmations. Some people think they are lame, but I think any time you can concentrate on good/positive especially on yourself it is never a bad thing.

I remember when I first heard of the following affirmation.

I love and approve of myself.

That one is from Louise Hay. She is truly an inspirational woman.

I could say I love, but could not remember the rest of it to save my life. Why? Probably because at the time I really did not approve of myself. It is funny how we spend so much time working on things yet working on ourselves is something we feel guilty about. I know as a Christian, I felt bad, it seem "selfish" to work on saying I love and approve of myself. BUT its not. We need to do these things.

A few other of my fav affirmations are:


I love and approve of myself.


I have plenty of time.


I am calm and safe.


Life is good. Life is good.


I actually have lots of different ones and I give some out to my clients when they need them, my children, my friends, who ever! So what do you do with the affirmation??? You repeat it. You just simply keep saying it. Eventually you will believe it! Strange things happen once we do love ourselves. Don't believe me? Try it.

In front of the mirror I want you to stand there and say "I love and approve of myself" start there. Do it at least 5 times to start. How do you feel? Awkward? Happy? Sad? Thinking about all your faults??? That is pretty typical when you first start. Keep going at it. Every day, add a few more reps. You will be surprised to see what happens!!!


If you like the idea of affirmations check out Louise's site. She posts a daily affirmation here.
My theory is one can never have too much positivity coming at them ;) Another spot to check for affirmations is on twitter. Especially on The Bold Life's page. This is my friend Tess. You can also check out her blog here.

Wishing you all a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment