Thursday, December 31, 2009

1999 to 2009

A decade!!!! Another New Years Eve is upon us!! I can remember clearly sitting on my couch in my first home with Tim with Alex (he was a baby) and wondering what my life would be like in 10 years. You know what I though??? I thought O.M.G. I will have a 10 year old. With that I shut down most of my thoughts! I mean come on he was 6months old, hard to imagine him being 10!!! I remember the entire hype about the Y2K bug for the computers and the general fear as we rolled into a new millennium.

Our lives have changed so much in the past decade. I didn't give much thought back then to who I would be, or what my daily life would be like???

In ten years time sooooo much has changed.

  • we had another child
  • both kids are crazy into sports (good thing though)
  • I've switched careers which included going back to school
  • Tim switched careers
  • We moved.
  • I managed to get back into my own sport I love (field hockey)
  • We had a few trips to the hospital for broken bones
  • We lost loved ones
  • We traveled more in the past few years
  • Our relationships have changed (always for the better)
That is a small list of what has changed over the past 10 years.

Now what?? In 2020 I will have a 20 year old and a 17 year old. Our lives will be at a complete different point. Careers? Relationships? Housing?? I don't know what is in store, but I do know this time I want to think about it so the intention is out there for positivity!!!

Stop for a min and think about it. Where do you want to be in 10 years? Are you on the right path? What do you need to change to achieve that?

Pop over to Success Magazine's blog where editor Darren Hardy will be running a free online course about desinging the best 10 years of your life!!! Shann and I are totally on board to do this!

If you haven't checked in our blog for a few days, don't forget to read the post below as Shannon reflects how her life changed over the past decade!!!

Wishing you a wonderful New Years!!! May 2010 be the best year of your life so far!!!

jenn and shann!

No comments:

Post a Comment