Monday, February 22, 2010

Tough choices

It started last Thursday, just a tickle, I went to bed early only to be woken twice by my oldest who was "not feeling too good" after a couple of toilet breaks and some dry heaves on his part, a cold cloth and some fresh air. We tucked ourselves back into bed. In the light of day he was clamy and pale. I was stuffed up and coughing.

Is it possible we are sick again??? I just don't get it. On top of that we had the craziest weekend ever on the go.

I was supposed to be attending a Scrapbooking retreat 2 nights, 3 days of food, friends and crafting. Sleeping and eating whenever I want. I love this weekend since it is in the dead of winter and it is always just what I need to get through till spring. However, I knew this year would be cut short. My Gramma is turning 85 and this weekend was also her birthday. Top that with my in-laws anniversaries 19 for BIL and SIL and 47 ??for my hubby's parents. All very important occassions not to be missed.

Cut to Friday night, I have 2 large tables which I committed for use at this retreat. I had the afternoon off and decided around 2 that I was going to stay home that night but head out to the retreat in morning. Hubby and I dropped of the tables and I headed home for more soup and rest. Saturday morning came and went and I still did not feel great.

Tough choice time. I decided that going would cost me more energy then the benefit I would get from going away for my favorite event of the year. It was very disappointing, but I had to important events that required my presence and something had to give.

Sunday morning I did not feel much better, and sadly had to send my hubby and the girl to the party without me and my son, both of us curled up on the couch with our soup and extra vitamin c, coughing and with a box of kleenex.

I hate making tough choices like that because usually I can medicate and make it through, I am always the one you can count on to be there. However, this pregnancy and the colds and virus' that are going around are spanking my butt.

The boy is always more suseptable as his daily activities require more energy and leave him worn out on a regular basis. He is so good about taking his vitamins, eating well and I mean really well, the kid can't eat anymore vegetables or fruits in a day, he is so good about getting to bed on time and doing his exercises. He should be the healthiest kid ever, but his is also very active which wears him down over the course of the week.

We managed to eek our way off the couch for dinner on Sunday night, only because my in-laws live next door and my MIL made soup especially for us and the soup is MAGICAL , I swear!

The boy and I only stayed for an hour or so and headed back home for hot baths, new pjs and off to bed again.

If you are still with me, the point I need to make is that sometimes as much as these tough choices are hard and totally ruin your expectations, if you are willing to make them, they usually work out for the best.

Happily, the boy woke up with sparkling eyes and a skip in his step and me I'm still a little stuffed up but I definately feel better. Thankfully I had the forsight to take today off as a day of rest, little did I know it would be for a totally different reason.

If you have a story about a tough choice that really worked out for the best, please share!

Have a great day!
shann:)

No comments:

Post a Comment