Saturday, February 13, 2010

From the Planning Ahead File.

As you know I will be on maternity leave from my full time job, beginning in May. In December I decided that I needed a week to decompress after Christmas take stock and do some planning to prepare for my Maternity Leave. Can you believe that when I asked for this week off in January my work asked me if I could tell them how I was planning on using the rest of my vacation time before my Maternity leave. How was I planning on using 5 weeks vacation in less then 5 months????

My reply, good question that's kinda why I am taking the week off in January.

My point being that planning ahead is never wasted time.

I just thought I would share with you a few of the things you may want to consider thinking about and planning ahead for during these cold days of February. I find it really helps me get through this time of year when I can look ahead at the things we want to do and make a plan to have the money available for us to do them!

1. If you have a garden or would like to start one, have a look at the plants you would like to grow and the supplies you will need. I have already purchased my starting trays, soil and seeds, they are tucked away for a snowday or the beginning of March when the kids and I will decide and start planting our seeds for our garden this year.

2. Kids activities for the summer, vacation bible school, summer camp, day camp, summer sports. Yes? No? Cost? Schedule?

3. Summer Vacation - staying home? going away?? where??

4. Special Activities or Festivals

5. Budget - Starting putting $$ away in a separate account or cash in an envelope, so that the $$ is already there when the time comes

6. Work around the house or yard that you want to do this year, prune trees, re-plant flower beds, build a walkway or deck? It really helps to put weekends on the calendar for large projects, this way you have a target for having all the tools, supplies and possibly extra people available to help. (maybe even a BBQ to thank all those who helped)

These are just some of the things that I start to think about and plan for during the month of February.

What do you want to get done this summer??

shann
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment