Monday, February 15, 2010

Self doubt talk!

Ever hear that nagging voice in your head??? You know which one I'm talking about! We all have it, we've all heard it. Some of us listen too it too much! It goes like this...

  • I can't do that.
  • I won't be able to.
  • I'm not smart enough.
  • I'm not active enough.
  • I don't have enough money.
  • I'm not good enough.
  • Murphy's Law will get me
  • It's cancer, I know it, its my family.
  • They don't like me.
  • I have no courage.
  • I'm not pretty enough.
  • I'm doomed

You know that voice? We've all had it. We all get it. You can squish it out. It really is the only way to truly become a positive thinker/believer/doer.
When you hear that voice come into your head. Stop, think and say the opposite!

  • I will/can do it!
  • I will be able to...
  • I am smart.
  • I am active
  • I have an ever increasing income
  • I am good enough.
  • I create my own luck and I am lucky.
  • I have a healthy body, soul and mind.
  • I am happy and have lots of friends.
  • I am full of love and courage.
  • I approve of myself.
  • I am beautiful.
  • I have a good life.

We bombarded our inner thoughts with so much negative self talk, we don't realize we are doing it. I always thought of myself as happy and positive, but when I stepped back and realized how much negative talk happened in my head, I could not believe it! Every time I caught myself talking negative I moved my bracelet I was wearing to the other wrist. You know the first time I did this I moved it 20 times. YES TWENTY!!! These days I don't wear one. If I catch myself verbalizing a negative thought or saying it in my head, I just stop and say "I approve of myself" and then repeat the negative statement I just said, but with the positive twist.
It seems like a lot of work, but in no time you will have less and less negative thoughts going through your mind.

Replace that negative thought with a positive affirmation!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Another easy way to replace the self doubt talk is to keep a gratitude journal. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but when your feeling full of self doubt. Write down 20 things your grateful for in your life and don't tell me you don't have 20 things. We all do. Even in our lowest moments we can still find things to be grateful for.

Remember ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!! We really are what we believe we are.

5 comments:

  1. So true ! These are great ideas. I work closely with someone with these self doubt issues and it affects me almost on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!!! It is so easy to fall into the self doubt talk without even realizing we are doing it. Thanks for drawing attention to it and giving us a way to turn it around to more positive talk. Thanks for helping us be the best we can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! that little voice is in there, and I try to ignore it. Thanks for the tools to work at it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooo do this, thanks for showing me that I am not the only one! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henry Ward Beecher Said " the 1st hour is the Rutter of the day" Make sure you affirmation who you want to become not what you fear. Use th3 golden 1st 30 minutes as self starter for an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete