Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 2

Last week was an attempt to clean up my eating habits and get some more exercise. The exercise went pretty good, getting in atleast 30 mins a day and a long walk on thursday for over an hour.

The clean eating went well till Thursday and then I lost my mind! A case of poor planning put me in the position of being hungry and craving sugar and carbs. It wasn't a horrible cheat, a few chocolates and some kind of processed fruit snacks I keep for the kids.

However, then came friday and all the rain and the water in our basement and cleaning and going through wet boxes and cleaning out part of the basement and sweating my patooty off and then... I popped the button of my shorts. Well that was it I cracked a cold one! which led to another one. Only two which isn't too bad but then my MIL made homemade pizza for dinner, oye! the smart option 2 pieces and a big salad. My choice 4 pieces of pizza and a few cookies for dessert.

Saturday was not much better and Sunday more of the same poor meal planning and not eating at regular intervals left me starving and shovelling anything and everything in my mouth.

I still lost 2.5 lbs and I think that was due to the 5 days of clean eating before the 3 days of disaster, plus the exercise.

I do see a bit of a difference in my face which is the last place I gain so the first place to lose it.

So it is Monday and we are back on the wagon so to speak. Planning meals and snacks and grocery shopping this afternoon. Portion size and reading labels will be an additional focus this week on top of the clean eating, and exercise. Maybe a few toning exercises.

In the spirit of full disclosure I also decided to purchase and follow the 7 day Jillian Michaels Detox and Cleanse program which I two more days left and I think it has held true to the claim of reducing belly bloat, we'll see when I post a photo on Wednesday.

Here's a great 100 calorie snack 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 of blueberries. Yumm

1 comment:

  1. What is the 7 day Jillian Michaels Detox and Cleanse program? Is it something you take, or a regimen you follow? Where is it sold? I'm a little hesitant to use/follow such programs so I would love to hear how it went. :)

    ReplyDelete