Tuesday, July 20, 2010

dealing with ignorant people

They are out there and no matter how positive you are to them they are still INCREDIBLY rude towards you. Sometimes for a reason in the past and other times because they just deem you not "good enough" or such. (that attitude just makes me howl, by the way)

This morning I was walking when two women I know came towards me. I said "hello ladies" with a smile. The one smiled and said hello and asked me how I was, the other one looked at the ground and kept in her conversation, not once making eye contact or looking up to acknowledge anything as we walked past each other. In fact I'm sure she tilted her head the other way so she didn't have to look at me! (not kidding)

Now I know most of you are thinking, so what. Well it is a small town and I know both of them well. One through school and other through hockey. The one that didn't acknowledge me well she would fall under this ignorant people category. She often doesn't acknowledge me and trust me I'm no fool. I know not everyone likes me, but most people acknowledge me if I have said hello. (like me or not!)


The reason I'm sharing this here is because as I giggled while walking I thought to myself that behaviour could have ruined someone else day! I remember walking with a friend and something similar happened to us and my friend was pissed off for the rest of the walk!!! Her good mood turned sour all because of one rude person!

So how do we deal with it?
  1. I always make a point of saying hello and making eye contact to everyone, even those like that. Kill them with kindness I suppose, but really why should I not. It takes more energy to be nasty then it does to be nice!
  2. I send them light after they move on. To me sending pink light or love to them will help them not be so "hard".
  3. I smile and keep on going.
  4. I'm thankful for a handful of really good friends in my life.
  5. I then put that rude person out of my mind.

Does it work?

It does for me.

We run into people every day in our lives that are rude to us for one reason or another.

Next time you are dealing with someone who is rude to you, try it! You never know your mood might lift and you will walk on happy! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog post! Personally instead of throwing pink light after them as they are walking away I would be tempted to throw rocks but......LOL! Just kidding, you are spot on though, I hate it when someone puts me down but I guess when you think about it, its their problem not mine right!?

    ReplyDelete