Saturday, June 5, 2010

Health tip...

So most of you know I've been on a health journey. To date I've taken 11 lbs off, still going. I found an interesting tip though the other day. That even though I thought I was drinking more then enough water daily. I really wasn't. I'm now drinking more water, we'll see how that changes my weight loss journey too!

So how much water should one drink?

General (apparently) rule of thumb: take you body weight in lbs/2 (divide by 2) = daily intake of H2O in ounces! No joke!!!!

  • Drink one to two cups of fluid at least one hour before the start of exercise.
  • Drink four to eight ounces of fluid every 10 to 15 mins or so during exercise.
  • Drink an additional eight ounces of fluid within 30 mins after exercising.
  • Drink two cups of fluid for every pound of body weight lost after exercise. (darn eh)
  • Both caffeine and alcohol can have a diuretic effect, so be sure to compensate for this additional water loss. (drink at least an equal amount of water)
  • When travelling on an airplane, it is a good idea to drink eight ounces of water for every hour you are on board the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment